terça-feira, 6 de maio de 2008

About the host family's car


Public transportation and car - If you are going to big cities like New York or Chicago, it is ok: you can use public transportation. If not, you will need a car just for you, to your personal use!!!!

You will need to go to school, to the movies, to the gym and so on. Sometimes you will need to do your nails, go to shopping, go to the doctor or dentist, meet your new friends and a lot of stuff. It’s really hard to go to the places without a car in USA. The public transportation it’s not good. Believe me: it’s really hard to share the car with your host family. A lot of au pairs and host families have conflicts because of this reason.
In my case, when I was in Charlotte (North Carolina) like an au pair, I could stay out all night long, but the car should be in my host family’s garage at 1 AM. It was terrible on weekends when I wanted to stay out a little bit later. So, ask them before:

1) Am I going to have my own car? Do I have a curfew (time to come back home or bring the car home)?

2) If I don’t have my own car, can I use yours to go out, to go to the gym?

Nenhum comentário: