quinta-feira, 8 de maio de 2008

If you crash your host family’s car



Drive safe, always! Don’t drink and drive! Pay attention in the speed limits! If you are following these advices but you crash the car, be calm. It happens. Call to you host family and to your area coordinator as soon as you can. You must inform what happened even the fault is yours.

Your host family can ask you some money to fix the car, but there is a limit price. It’s around U$ 250. Pay it. Don’t forget to apologize and ask, as soon as you can, when you can use the car again.

Case: I have never crashed my host family’ car, but I almost did that at least twice. But a friend of mine, was not so luck as I was. Once, she was driving in a road and other car crashed in hers. It was not her fault but after this, her host family didn’t allow her to drive anymore. Actually, if she wants to go out, someone needs to give her a ride. It's not the most comfortable situation. In my point of view, it’s not fair.

2 comentários:

* Mariana disse...

Hi, Ana! My name is Mariana and I loved read this blog.
I´m thinking about to be au pair too. Can we talk about it?
mariana_fernandes_2004@hotmail.com

M. disse...

It was a great idea! I loved the blog!

xoxo